The Great Salt Race 2


It has been an exciting and eventful past few days, and I'm excited to report on our progress.

First off, the weather, fickle as it has been, finally opened up enough to allow for some paddle time. So I've been taking my kayak out to Willard Bay in the mornings tracking my speed, distance, stroke patterns and really just trying to get the old paddle muscles acclimated to a steady persistent rhythm. 


My first morning out on the bay was gorgeous, and the fish were incredible. It was like some immense aquatic version of whack- a- mole, every where I looked fish were popping up, and just when one was heading back down another 15 were one their way up and out. It really was an incredible sight.
 

Time on the lake isn't the only development from the past week. I also officially began work on the Canoe that will take us on our voyage around the Great Salt Lake. While the canoe itself is not yet underway, the Strong Back which is the foundation upon which the canoe is built is now under construction and is scheduled to be finished just in time for the cedar and other supplies to arrive so work can begin on the boat itself. With the first few cuts in this massive undertaking now done I'm thrilled to be officially underway!











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Salt Race 4

The Great Salt Race 11

The Great Salt Race 5